Here are some of her comments, made to the International Coach Federation’s conference held in London this past fall:
· Vulnerability is not weakness; it is our most accurate measure of courage.
· Shame is highly correlated with addiction, depression, etc.
· Isolation is the most dangerous emotional state we will ever experience
· Successful people demonstrate wholeheartedness
· Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity, and change
· Unused creativity is not benign – it metastasizes, and turns into rage, grief, and shame.
· Shame is the master emotion. It needs secrecy, silence, and judgment to survive
· The only true currency in this bankrupt world is your ability to be uncool